Special Event Intern
Description: The Anacortes Arts Festival seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist the Director with event planning efforts. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about nonprofit fundraising and event planning. The internship offers exciting hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills.
- Use the Arts Festival’s Filemaker Database to update information and communicate with Festival contacts.
- Pre-event coordination with vendors, sponsors, booth artisans, entertainers and volunteers
- Act as a liaison between the Festival and local businesses to create goodwill in the community.
- Coordinate on-site set-up with event logistics for vendors, suppliers, artists, entertainers, volunteers and local businesses.
- Assist with insuring the special events content on the Festival’s website and social media sites are updated
- Assist with day-to-day activities of the Director
- On-site event management during entire festival, including problem-solving, coordinating with student crews, coordinating entertainment needs and filling in with other roles, as needed.
- Working toward a college degree, preferably with an interest in non-profit development and event planning
- Previous internship or related experience in fundraising or event planning is a plus
- Must be computer literate, including Internet research experience
- Professional demeanor and outstanding phone etiquette
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with artists, vendors and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the work that we do at the Arts Festival
Timeframe: Prefer a mid-June start; project complete August 13
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office on Tuesday, Wednesdays or Thursdays. Availability during extended days and hours from August 1 – 10 will be necessary.
Compensation: $100 per week stipend
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org