Application for 2017 Grants
Deadline: November 11, 2016.
Grant notification: January 12, 2017.
Applicants are asked to describe their project, its cost, its purpose and its benefit to the community. Please complete and return the 2017 Grant Application form to our office.
The Arts Festival strives to impact the entire Anacortes community through its range of giving by advancing arts education, increasing participation in arts activities and better linking the arts community to Anacortes. The Festival endeavors, over time, to fund a well-balanced group of grant requests and projects, some self-initiated, that involves a diverse group of people and diverse art activities. Scholarships are no longer included in the giving program.
General Giving Guidelines
Please see the 2016 Grants awarded for types of requests that have been funded in the past.
- 2017 Grant funds will be available April 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017.
- All projects and funding requests must be completed by December 31, 2017.
- In the case of capital items, submit an estimate.
- A Follow-up Report detailing the use of the grant funds is required by the end of the year. Follow-up will also be taken into consideration for subsequent grants.
The Anacortes Arts Festival Giving Program will focus on Arts Education. We encourage visual and performing artists, arts organizations and arts programs to develop projects, activities, special events and classes that benefit the Fidalgo Island and Guemes Island community. Grant requests where people and programs work cooperatively are encouraged, along with those where people are able to participate in the arts.
The Anacortes Arts Festival gives low priority to grant requests that provide basic maintenance and operation funds.
Successful projects display some or all of the following characteristics:
- Target Fidalgo Island and Guemes Island residents as participants and/or audiences
- Provide creative opportunities for Fidalgo Island and Guemes Island artists
- Foster successful collaborations that benefit arts organizations and artists
- Invest in capital items that will allow direct artistic use by many people over a long-term period
- Involve matching funds
- Are initiated by tax-exempt organizations registered under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
Note: Grants are not limited to 501(c)(3) organizations. Groups and individuals with projects, program requests that are in line with the Festival’s Giving Philosophy may apply. These requests face strict disclosure and record-keeping requirements.
If you have additional questions, please call the AAF office at (360) 293-6211 or email staff(at)anacortesartsfestival.com.