Be a part of Anacortes’ largest community event of the year, the 2017 Anacortes Arts Festival. Each year over 80,000 visitors come to the Festival and our Volunteers are a large part of what makes this event so special. Visitors and booth artisans consistently rave about the help and support they receive from our community members. Perhaps you are looking for a way to give back to your community, or maybe you are looking for a great way to meet fun and interesting people. Either way, we would love to have you volunteer with us.
Arts Festival in August
It may seem like the Festival just springs out of nowhere, but putting together a three-day event takes over 250 volunteers and almost 2,000 hours to ensure a successful weekend. Volunteer opportunities include the following jobs:
- Booth Sitter: Relieve Booth Vendors allowing them to take a 15-minute break.
- Information Booth: Provide directions and program information about the Festival. General Anacortes knowledge as well as Festival experience is needed for this job.
- Art Docent: Assist visitors with questions about exhibition, protect artwork entrusted to the Festival and help sell artwork. An arts background or a demonstrated interest in art is helpful.
- Distribution/Publicity: Pre-festival poster distribution and help with publicity.
- Art Show Production: Art show set-up and takedown. Must have art exhibition or art handling experience.
- Hospitality: Help with Booth Artisan lunch delivery or early morning coffee service.
- Wine and Beer Gardens: Help serve beer and wine at any of our three locations.
- Production: Provide physical set-up and takedown of the Festival. Some jobs require manual labor and construction knowledge.
- Youth Area: Help with youth art projects in various booths each day and cleanup.
- Office Help: Help office staff with various check-in and checkout tasks.
- Art Dash: Help with registration, setup and refreshments.
Please take time to become a volunteer and experience the excitement and sense of community that make this three-day event so special. Festival volunteers are the heart and soul of this organization!
Open shifts can be found on our volunteer sign-up, or please contact Geralyn Curtis if you have unanswered questions.
Volunteer of the Year
Each year, the Anacortes Arts Festival selects a volunteer to be our ‘Volunteer of the Year’. This person is generally someone who is involved across multiple areas of the Festival and gives of their time throughout the year. We are incredibly fortunate to have so many amazing volunteers, which makes this decision a difficult one.
For 2016, the Arts Festival has chosen Paul Monohon as our Volunteer of the Year. Paul has been volunteering with the Festival for seven years and continues to find new ways of getting involved. He always shows up with a smile and asks how he can help. Paul worked as an Art Docent, Booth Sitter, distributed posters in town and as traffic control during the Art Dash at this year’s Festival. His positive energy and enthusiasm are contagious!
Spring Fest in April
We have lots of opportunities throughout the year for our volunteers to participate. In addition to our three-day Festival in August, we have added to our line-up of fun, family friendly events in April, with Spring Fest. These events include:
- A Fine Art Exhibition
- Arty Party Evening Event
- Do the Bloom Color Run
- Two-day Spring Fest (booth artisans, entertainment, food and more
Check back in early 2018 to see what exciting April events we need your help with!