Application for 2020 Grants
The 2020 application deadline was November 12, 2019
Applications for next year will be available in September of 2020.
Applicants are asked to describe their project, its cost, its purpose and its benefit to the community.
The application form will NOT automatically save, and should be completed in one session. To ensure your information is not lost, we recommend reviewing all questions and cutting and pasting your responses from another document.
The Arts Festival strives to impact the entire Anacortes community through its range of giving by advancing arts education, increasing participation in arts activities and better linking the arts community to Anacortes. The Festival endeavors, over time, to fund a well-balanced group of grant requests and projects, some self-initiated, that involves a diverse group of people and diverse art activities. Scholarships are no longer included in the giving program.
General Giving Guidelines
Please see the current Grants awarded for types of requests that have been funded in the past.
- 2020 Grant funds will be available April 1, 2020 through December 19, 2020.
- All funding requests must be completed by December 19, 2020.
- Please submit receipts or estimates along with Grant Payment Request Form. We must have documentation to release funds.
- A Follow-up Report detailing the use of the grant funds is required by the end of the year, and is also required to be considered for subsequent grants.
The Anacortes Arts Festival Giving Program will focus on Arts Education. We encourage visual and performing artists, arts organizations and arts programs to develop projects, activities, special events and classes that benefit the Fidalgo Island and Guemes Island community. Grant requests where people and programs work cooperatively are encouraged, along with those where people are able to participate in the arts.
The Anacortes Arts Festival gives low priority to grant requests that provide basic maintenance and operation funds.
Successful projects display some or all of the following characteristics:
- Target Fidalgo Island and Guemes Island residents as participants and/or audiences
- Provide creative opportunities for Fidalgo Island and Guemes Island artists
- Foster successful collaborations that benefit arts organizations and artists
- Invest in capital items that will allow direct artistic use by many people over a long-term period
- Involve matching funds
- Are initiated by tax-exempt organizations registered under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
Note: Grants are not limited to 501(c)(3) organizations. Groups and individuals with projects, program requests that are in line with the Festival’s Giving Philosophy may apply. These requests face strict disclosure and record-keeping requirements.
If you have additional questions, please call the AAF office at (360) 293-6211 or email staff(at)anacortesartsfestival.com.